Tim Gard, CSP, CPAE is a tears-in-your-eyes-laugh-out-loud speaker who teaches people to be more resilient and resourceful and coaches businesses on how to enhance productivity and employee enthusiasm.
Talented, innovative and memorable, Tim provides amazing take-home value delivered with his one-of-a-kind presentation style. As a keynote speaker, he ensures every event starts with a bang and/or concludes with everyone sharing a renewed, positive sense of purpose. Tim is also available as an outstanding emcee facilitating the day's activities or hosting an evening awards banquet. Tim has achieved the highest honors and recognition in his industry, including:
- CPAE (Council of Peers Award for Excellence): Speaker Hall of Fame Member-an elite recognition shared by fewer than 150 speakers worldwide
- CSP (Certified Speaking Professional): The highest earned designation of the National Speakers Association.
- Selected by Meeting Planners Magazine as one of the "Best speakers ever seen or heard on the main stage."
Tim's down-to-earth style and real-life humor leaves a lasting impression that audiences will benefit from for years to come. His skillful use of ordinary items in extraordinary ways and extraordinary items in everyday ways make him one of the most popular main stage speakers on the platform today. Becoming more resilient is not about telling jokes or laughing at everything. Instead of making light of serious issues, Tim shines a light on unseen possibilities for solutions to difficult situations. He demonstrates how to be professional, yet light-hearted throughout all his programs. Without a doubt, Tim's keynotes consistently deliver on these two promises: 1. A hilarious shared experience, and 2. Take-home value that improves performance and workplace attitude.
As a business speaker, Tim shows leaders how to enhance productivity and employee enthusiasm using his humor stress diffusion tactics in everyday situations. He facilitates an unforgettable experience that improves the quality of interactions. At the same time, he's instilling an enthusiasm for non-malicious mischief that no one should live without! For two decades, Tim has provided hilariously entertaining, fast-paced, and informative programs from Texas to Tasmania. His universal message translates to a diverse range of audiences of every size.
An internationally recognized authority on stress reduction and conflict resolution, Tim's easy-to-implement techniques provide audiences with ways to diffuse, deal with, and even avoid intensely stressful encounters. When relating to business leaders, Tim "walks his talk" as a successful business owner himself for more than 20 years. Before starting his business, he worked in the Sales Industry, as well as State and Federal Government in Human Services, as a fraud investigator and is a navy veteran. Author of Just Plane Funny and My Policy Manual and co-author of Motivational Leaders and Humor Me, Tim also offers his own line of "stress buster" tools that are marketed worldwide.
- Change the Game - Life is a game; business is a game; travel is a game. Everything is a game that usually involves winners, losers and spectators. The pressure to accomplish more with less, meet tight deliverable expectations and respond with professional promptness can create stress, cause team dysfunction and even decrease morale. The attitude that "everything seems so serious, heavy and intense" is more than unproductive; it's a truly unhealthy way to work and live! This keynote helps you discover how to change any game to your advantage when encountering situational stressors, toxic people and various challenges inherent to life.
- Developing A Comic Vision® - Is employee motivation important to you? Tim will teach audience members to develop and apply their own Comic Vision® to be more resourceful and resilient-both at work and in their personal lives. Tim's rejuvenating message helps increase employee morale while enhancing productivity and everyday enthusiasm in three easy-to-adopt steps. Tim's unique, yet practical ideas also help people diffuse routine or extreme stress by insulating themselves against negativity. They're able to "refresh and renew" themselves by using and sharing his Comic Vision® techniques. More than that, his funny, morale-building stories and extraordinary visual props make this keynote speech a hilarious way to start or close your meeting.
- Leadership: Tao of Humor - This session amplifies the Comic Vision® "good, clean humor philosophy" by providing deeper insights into stress reduction and Tim's humor plan. It emphasizes how to deal with stress and guidelines that are crucial to applying humor as a business skill. Humor can positively affect productivity at work. As a strategic skill, it plays a constructive part in communication, morale and stress reduction. Explore ways to steer clear of controversial humor that may become a source of problems and complaints. Learn how to use humor that enhances (and never diminishes) workplace culture while improving morale and ultimately customer service. Tim is more than a humorist and motivational speaker, but a stress reduction speaker sure to send spirits soaring in the office.
- Secrets of Choosing & Using Props - The right prop, used at just the right time, can help us to convey our ideas, assist our listeners in grasping and remembering our message and may mean the difference between a learning experience and a learning ordeal. Used effectively, props become visual, auditory and/or kinesthetic items that allow any audience to better experience your stories and reinforce your message. This program will help you do just that! With a little training and practice, anyone can find props anywhere and be able to use ordinary items in extraordinary ways, in the moment!