A nurse for thirty years and coauthor of Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul, LeAnn Thieman knows first hand the "war zones" of healthcare today. As a renowned motivational speaker, LeAnn shares life-changing lessons learned from her daring Operation Babylift adventure, when she helped to rescue 300 babies as Vietnam was falling to the communists! Believing we all have individual "war zones," she inspires audiences to balance their lives, truly live their priorities and make a difference in the world.
Her presentations recharge and recommit employees resulting in increased retention and recruitment, saving millions in hiring and retraining costs. By inspiring people to care for themselves as they care for others, LeAnn boosts morale, creating positive people who then produce positive outcomes.
While health organizations and women groups are an obvious "niche" for her keynote addresses and seminars, her audiences have grown to include cattlemen, contractors, and corporate America. One CEO summed it up best when he said, "I'm going to live my life differently after hearing you today."
LeAnn Thieman inspires:
- to nurture ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually
- to relax and laugh and think positive
- to develop inner and outer strength to cope in our "war zones"
- to care for ourselves while caring for others
- to do extraordinary things, as ordinary people
- to make a difference in the world
- to keep the faith and never give up
- to find the courage to take risks
- to change how we respond to stress in our lives
- to make positive, good decisions in our "war zones"
- to identify and stick to our life assignments
- to balance our lives and truly live our priorities
A combination of any of these programs can be arranged and presented in a program entitled:
Chicken Soup for the Christian Woman's Soul.
- Balancing Life in Your War Zones - It was 1975, Saigon was falling to the communists, and LeAnn was "accidentally" caught up in the Vietnam Orphan Airlift. Today, she applies life-changing lessons from her Airlift experience to the "war zones" of our every day lives -- too much to do, too few resources, too much stress! How do we cope? In this poignant, yet humorous presentation, LeAnn motivates audiences to balance their lives, live their priorities, make a difference in the world - and find peace in their war zones.
- Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul - Most nurses didn't choose their careers because of the great hours, pay and working conditions! LeAnn reminds them why they entered the profession - and why they stay. By sharing Chicken Soup stories, and those from her own 30 years of nursing, LeAnn encourages, uplifts and honors nurses and champions their daily contributions and sacrifices. By encouraging them to balance their lives, she offers nurses a "care plan" to care for themselves as they care for others. With love and humor, LeAnn re-energizes them with hope, health and healing during these challenging times, inspiring them to continue their compassionate service.
- Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul - While rewarding, care-giving requires tremendous emotional, physical and spiritual stamina, making burnout an everyday challenge. In Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul, LeAnn offers remedies by encouraging caregivers to care for themselves as devotedly as they do for others. By sharing stories from Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul and from her own life experiences, she fills caregivers with hope, courage and strength and honors them for the difference they make in the world.
- You've Got To See It To Be It! - Scientific studies prove positive thinking and visualization promote mental, physical and spiritual health. By sharing the latest medical research and her Airlift experiences, LeAnn empowers audiences to improve their health by improving their attitudes. A certified childbirth educator, LeAnn teaches how labor tools - breathing, relaxation, positive thinking and visualization and management of time - apply as we "labor" through everyday life.
- Light a Single Candle - A sign above a pediatric burn unit in Vietnam read, "It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness." LeAnn reminds audiences they don't have to fly into a war zone to make a difference in the world. No effort is too small. By lighting our single candles, we make a difference and set the world aglow with our goodness. By identifying, exploring and sharing our gifts, we receive more than we give.
- His "Puzzling" Plan - LeAnn shares her conviction that, just as God led her to Vietnam, He leads us all when we trust in His guidance. While we're working with a few pieces of the "puzzle," God sees the lid of the box! When people make the right, but not always easy, decision today, God will take care of the rest.